Masala Dosa Recipe
dosa recipe is a easy to assemble, convenient recipe. It is a popular south Indian breakfast item that is now made in many kitchens.
As filling snack
or a breakfast dish , masala dosa satisfies you.
South Indian Masala dosa for breakfast
the preparation by following the links below and then, assemble the
masala dosa, hot and yummy. For making masala dosa go to get the
instructions for each item:
After you have got your dosa batter, potato masala, sambar and coconut chutney ready, it is time to make Masala Dosa.
coconut - Narial chutney
Potato - Aloo subzi - Batata bhaji
How to make Masala Dosa: Masala dosa Recipe
Dosa batter as prepared above.
You will need some vegetable oil or butter or ghee for cooking dosa. Desi ghee adds wonderful flavor to the dosa.
By using a nonstick pan, you can reduce the
need for oil. I use my cast iron tava, which has become nonstick.
- Heat tava(cast iron tava, girdle, skillet, flat nonstick pan) and pour a ladleful dosa batter on the it. Spread it into a thin
round circle of about 8-10 inch diameter. The size will depend on your pan.
- Add a little oil on the dosa. As dosa gets cooked, bubbles will appear. When they start to subside, it is time to add
stuffing as the bottom would have been cooked.
cooking dosa on tava
- You can see the dosa getting light brown on the downside.
- You may sprinkle a little dry chutney powder on the dosa if you wish. This step, adding chutneypudi, is optional.
Masala dosa on tava with chutneypudi
- When the bottom side is golden brown, Put a large spoonful potato subji and fold the dosa in half. This is now it is served in the restaurants.
- At home, you may also serve masala dosa as shown below, keeping the potato masala subji separate.
- Remove the dosa carefully and put it on a serving plate.
Serve it with Coconut Chutney and a bowl of
Sambar and butter or Ghee(optional).
It is a filling meal and you can have it at anytime of the day.
It is good for breakfast or dinner. It can also be
eaten as evening snack. Doesn't matter when. It is good to eat any time and every time.
- If you are using non stick pan for making dosa, you may omit adding oil on the dosa if you wish. Addition of oil or ghee makes dosa more tasty.
- Dosa batter can be used to make uttapam. If it is a little sour(2-3 days later) it is all the better.
- If you are making thick dosa, you may cook it on both sides and then add the potato stuffing to the softer side. The
browned side should be outside.
- For variation, different kinds of chutney may be spread on the dosa before adding potato subji. You may use dal chutneypudi/ roasted chana chutni pudi / peanut chutneypudi etc
You might like these
jowar flour dosa sorghum flour pancake recipe. Jwarichya pithache dose. Jolada hittina dose
Find here Adai, yadni, lentil dal dosa recipe. This is moong dal dosa or mung dal dosa. Moong dal is split green lentils.
Dosa recipe is a indian pancake recipe served at breakfast or snack time.
Click on the Quick links below to go to the section.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.