Bread Pakora Recipe - Bread Pakoda
Indian Snack - Bread bhajji
pakora recipe is easy to make and is a quick Indian snack dish. Make it
for a evening snack or as an accompaniment to a meal.
Making for guests or for family members, pakoda or bread bhajia, is a welcome snack on a wet rainy day or a cold winter day.
It is also a good accompaniment for lunch or dinner. It is best served hot but is still good even if served at room temperature.
You may use any type of bread for this bread pakora recipe. The type
of bread is your choice. you may use white bread, brown bread, whole
wheat bread or multi grain bread. You may use a day old bread.
How to make Indian Bread Pakora - Pakoda
Ingredients for bread pakoda to make 15-20 bhajias
- Bread slices - 4-5
- Oil for deep frying.
Ingredients for making batter
- Besan - Chana dal/ chickpea flour- 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1 tbsp
- Green chilies (optional) chopped fine - 4-5
- Salt - 1 tsp or according to taste
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain (carom seeds) - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste (optional) - 1/2 tsp
- Dhania (coriander leaves) - 1 tbsp
Preparation for pakoda:
- Cut bread slices in to squares or triangles or rectangles as you
- The piece size will depend on the size of your bread slice. You
can make each piece about 2 inches(5 centimeters) square.
- Add besan / gram flour to a bowl.
- Add rice flour, salt, chili
power, ajwin, chopped chili pieces, ginger garlic paste, chopped
coriander leaves to besan and mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and add the hot oil to the dry mixed flour. Mix well.
- Add enough water to make a thick batter. Batter should have a dosa/pancake batter consistency.
Method to make pakoda
Heat oil. Keep the flame medium.
- When oil is hot, dip each bread
in the prepared batter and drop carefully in the hot oil. You can add
4-5 or more pakoda at a time depending on the size of your kadhai
(fryer) and the amount of oil you are using.
- Fry till the pakodas are golden brown all over.
- Turn the pakoras once in a while so that they will be fried evenly.
- Remove from oil and drain well.
- Fry all the pakoda in the same way.
Bread pakoda are ready to serve.
Serve hot by itself or with your favorite chutney or chili sauce or tomato ketchup.
- Adding just salt and red chili powder makes the basic pakoda batter tasty too.
- Other spices are optional.
- Instead of hot oil, you may add a pinch of soda bi carb to the batter just before frying pakodas.