Quick Banana tomato salad recipe
salad recipe for breakfast or as a side dish for a meal
banana tomato salad recipe is very easy salad recipe to make.
takes a few minutes to prepare including the chopping of banana and
salad is a good one to serve at parties as it looks colorful and is
quick to make. A good side dish to make when guests arrive unannounced
for a meal.
Banana - Kela
This is a healthy salad as it uses only healthy
banana and tomato are fruits though tomato is used as a culinary
It is filling and nutritious.
Have it as breakfast, quick snack or as accompaniment to a meal.
Tomato - Tamatar
I always have tomatoes at home. Bananas are also a part of our
regular fruit basket.
So it takes only a few minutes to make this salad
whenever we feel like it.
I sometimes have it as a dessert. I am sure you will like it too.
this tomato banana salad, use ripe red pulpy tomato.
The banana should
be ripe but not overripe or mushy.
How to make banana tomato salad
The ingredients for making banana tomato salad for 2 servings
Makes about 1 1/2 cups of salad. Just enough to serve as a side dish for two persons or as a breakfast for one person.
- Banana - 1 medium size banana or 1/2 cup chopped in slices or pieces
- Tomato - 1 medium sized tomato or 1/2 cup chopped in the same size pieces as banana.
- Sea Salt or black salt - a pinch
- Sugar or honey - 1 tsp, more or less according to taste.
- Fresh yogurt(curd) chilled - 3/4 cup
- Roasted cumin seed powder (optional) - a pinch
- Black pepper powder - a pinch
Making banana tomato salad
- Take the fresh yogurt, salt, sugar, sugar or honey and roasted cumin
seed powder in a bowl.
- Beat lightly with a spoon to mix.
- Chop tomato and banana and
add immediately to the yogurt mix.
- Your banana tomato salad is ready to
eat. You may chill it for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Chop bananas and tomatoes just before mixing. Otherwise bananas will
change to a darker color.
- You may also add freshly grated coconut to this
- Add your favorite nuts such as finely chopped almonds, cashews,
walnuts, raisins to make it richer. I like it with raisins and almonds when I make it for breakfast.