Baby corn vegetable soup recipe
Baby corn vegetable soup is easy to make
is an easy baby corn vegetable soup recipe. This soup is quick to make.
I assure you, it is better than the soup you order in the restaurant.
Just try it.
Though you can make this soup only with baby corn, adding vegetables makes it more nutritious, healthier and colorful. So do make it.
may add your favorite vegetables to it. The vegetables to add are
cabbage, beans, carrot, cauliflower, leeks, spring onions(green as well as onions), broccoli, onions,
capsicum etc. Add any 2-3 or more vegetables to make this baby corn
This is one way to add vegetables to your family's diet.
doesn't like cabbage but doesn't object to my adding it to this soup. May be she doesn't even realize there is cabbage in it.
Today, along with baby corn, I am adding cabbage, green beans, carrots and onion to this soup.
All vegetables used here are fresh vegetables. You may use canned
veggies if you wish. If you use canned, be careful while adding salt.
How to make baby corn vegetable soup at home
Main ingredients for baby corn vegetable soup
Fresh Baby corns
Ingredients for serving 2-3
- Baby corns sliced or chopped- 4-5
- Onion (optional) - 1 medium, chopped
- Tender Green beans chopped - 6-7
- Carrot chopped or grated- 1
- Cabbage - 2 tbsp chopped or shredded
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp or according to taste
- corn flour(corn starch) - 1 tbsp
- Butter - 1 tsp
- Red chili powder - a pinch
- Garlic cloves chopped - 3-4
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Method to make baby corn vegetable soup
Heat butter in a deep pan.
- Add chopped onion(if adding). Fry till onions change color.
- Add green beans and cabbage. mix and cover. cook for 2 minutes.
- Add baby corns and carrots. cover and cook again for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water. bring to boil and cook for 4-5 minutes or till
baby corn and beans are cooked. Other vegetables will also get cooked by
- Add 2 cups of water and keep boiling.
- In a small cup, mix 1 tbsp corn flour(corn starch) in cold water. Mix well so that there are no lumps. Add this corn starch mix to the soup stirring all the while. the soup will thicken.
- Add sugar, salt, pepper powder, chili powder(if adding).
- Take a little on to a spoon and taste. If necessary, add more pepper or salt according to your taste.
- Boil for a minute. Take off fire.
Your baby corn vegetable soup is ready to serve.
Serve hot as a filling snack, or for dinner.
You may serve this soup along with a pasta or noodles. Kids as well as grown ups love it.
Be careful while adding red chili powder, you need only a pinch.Add as many vegetables as you like. Add water according to the thickness you like.
Go to Soup recipes from Baby corn soup recipe
Go to vegetable recipes from Baby corn vegetable soup recipe
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Site Home Page from Baby corn vegetable soup recipe