Aloo poori or potato puri recipe step by step with pictures. Alu puri does not need any other accompaniment. You may serve it by itself or with a pickle or chutney if you wish.
Aloo puri is mostly made for breakfast but you may make it for any other meal or a snack. You may also pack it as lunch to office or school or take for a picnic.
The ingredients for aloo poori are easily available in most homes. You can make it within minutes for family and friends.
Ingredients for Aloo poori - Potato puri for 2-3 servings
1. Take atta/wheat flour, rava/semolina, salt, haldi, chili powder, hing, jeera and any other ingredients you are adding, in a bowl.
2. Peel and grate boiled potato.
3. Chop dhania/coriander leaves.
4. Add grated potato and chopped dhania/cilantro to the wheat flour. Mix well.
5. Add one or two tablespoons of water if needed and form tight dough as shown below. You need not add a lot of water.
6. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
7. Form small balls as shown below. Roll each ball into a round poori. If the dough is sticking apply a few drops of oil to the dough before rolling.
8. Heat oil on medium flame. Deep fry the poories on both sides till they are golden brown.
Drain and serve by themselves or with your favorite pickle, chutney or curry.
These poories will be good at room temperature for a day. You may serve them for breakfast or pack them for lunch or a picnic snack.
Tips and variations
You may store the dough in the fridge for 3-4 days and make pooris as and when you want.
Jul 12, 18 10:43 AM
aloo puri potato poori recipe, masala poori, alu puri is a Indian breakfast recipe. You may also serve it as a snack or take it for picnic. Indian snack recipe.
Jul 04, 18 12:18 AM
Instant ragi dosa finger millet flour recipe. Also known as Nachani dosa. It is a very healthy breakfast recipe and does not take long to prepare.
Jul 01, 18 03:47 AM
Easy mavinkai gojju is karnataka green mango curry. It is a quick summer special recipe. Mavinkayi gojju goes well with chapati, poori, dosa, paratha etc.