Chinese Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
Yummy and healthy stir fried vegetables
This vegetable stir fry recipe / stir fried vegetable is simple, quick and easy. You can
make this recipe in minutes.
Vegetable stir fry is healthy as you retain all the goodness of the vegetables
by cooking them for a short time.
Ready stir fry vegetables
That is, you do not overcook them and lose the nutrients such as the vitamins. The
vegetables taste great too.
Once you know the vegetable stir fry recipe, you can make your own
variations too. Add the vegetables you like or have in your pantry or
omit the vegetables that you don't like or don't have.
For this stir fry recipe, you can use a mixture of your favorite vegetables such as onions, beans, carrots, peas, capsicum, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, peppers of different colors, egg plant etc.
Cut all the vegetables in bite size pieces. Cut them of the same size too.
The dish looks very inviting with all those colorful vegetables.
You do not need all the above mentioned vegetables every time. You can use 3-4 of them at a time.
I like to use cabbage, onions, carrots and capsicums and that is what I am using in the recipe below.
How to make Vegetable Stir Fry :
Ingredients for vegetable stir fry for three servings
mixed vegetables, chopped thin - 3 cups
- onion, chopped thin - 1/2 cup
- ginger finely chopped or paste - 1 tsp
- garlic finely chopped - 1 tsp
- corn starch or arrowroot powder - 1 tbsp
- soy sauce - 1 tbsp
- vinegar - 1 tsp
- oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp or according to taste.
- Water or vegetable stock -2 tbsp
- chili sauce - 1 tbsp
chopped vegetables for stir fry
Cooking stir fried vegetables
- Mix arrowroot powder(or corn starch) in a little water or vegetable stock in a small bowl.
- Add soy and chili sauce and vinegar, salt to taste. Mix, Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Keep the flame medium.
- Add onions. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add cabbage, carrots, capsicum one by one stirring a little every time.
Start by adding the vegetables that take longer to cook.
- Add a tablespoon of water if you want to cook the vegetables soft.
- When the vegetables are almost cooked, Add the arrowroot mixture.
- Mix well to coat all the
vegetables. The sauce will thicken as it cooks so stir briskly. Take off the fire.
Vegetable stir fry is ready to Serve hot.
Serve it on a bed of plain steamed rice or
noodles along with a salad of your choice.
- You can make it a spicy vegetable stir fry if you like by
adding more pepper powder and red chili powder. This will change the color of the final stir fry dish a little.
- Or you may add one or two green or red chilies. Slit the chillis in half and add them along with chopped onions.
- Add a little red chili paste along with ginger garlic. This will change the color of the stir fry a little.
- Add more vinegar if you like more sourness
- Add soy sauce if you prefer that.
- Add a tea spoon of sugar to balance the sourness if you wish.
- You may use corn starch or arrowroot powder, whichever you have.
Go to Vegetable Recipes Page From Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Home