Green Tomato Curry recipe
tomato recipes are quick as green tomatoes cook fast
green tomato curry recipe is easy to make. Green tomatoes cook fast so
making curry doesn't take a long time. You can make this tomato curry in about 10
green tomato curry recipe as given below is my mother's recipe. You can
find a few variations that I tried in the tips section below.
How to make green tomato curry
Main ingredients for raw green tomato curry
Raw green tomatoes
Chopped green tomatoes
Ingredients green tomato curry to serve 2-3
- Green tomatoes - chopped in pieces - 5-6
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Roasted and powdered til / sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Grated fresh coconut (optional) - 1 tbsp
- Fresh green coriander leaves, chopped - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Gud / jaggery or sugar - 1 tsp or according to taste
- Vegetable oil - 2 tsps
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 4-5
- Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
- Hing / asafetida - a pinch
Method to make green tomato curry
- Heat a kadai and add vegetable oil to it.
- When oil is hot, add hing, mustard and cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- When they stop spluttering, add curry leaves, turmeric powder and chopped green tomatoes.
- Mix and cover. Cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Add gud/jaggery, salt, red chili powder, a little water.
- Add the
roasted and powdered til / sesame seeds.
- Mix well and cook further till
tomatoes are just done.
- Adjust the consistency according to your liking. Add a little water if necessary.
- Cook for another minute and add the chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Take off fire.
The green raw tomato curry is ready to serve. It can be served hot or at room temperature with plain rice, chapati, and poori.
This will keep in the fridge for 2 days.
- For variation, you may add chopped onion. Add it as soon as the
mustard and cumin seeds stop spluttering. Fry till onions are
transparent and then add the chopped green tomatoes.
- You may add chopped garlic or garlic paste.
- You may add chopped ginger or ginger paste. Instead of or along with roasted sesame seed powder, add roasted and powdered ground nuts (peanuts). That tastes great too.
Go to green tomato recipes
Go to vegetable recipes
From Green Tomato Curry
Go to Vegetarian Recipes
Site Home Page From Green raw tomato curry