Uddin hittu recipe
Udid dal dangar pachadi
Udid dal dangar pachadi or uddinittu / uddin hittu recipe is a traditional recipe from Karnataka and Maharashtra state.
This healthy urid dal flour recipe provides the much needed protein to
our body and needs very few ingredients. In addition to that it is quick
to make. It is a good winter food recipe.
Urad dal Dangar pachadi is usually served with hot plain white rice, chapati.
Udid dal / white lentils is also known in Indian languages as udadachi dal , uddin bele / uddu/ ulandu parappu etc. in Indian languages.
urad dal - un roasted
roasted urad dal
You may use roasted urad dal flour or raw flour. Urad dal is easily available everywhere in India. Urad dal flour is also available in the market.
need urad dal flour to make udidache dangar, so you may either use store bought urad dal flour
or make it at home by grinding it in a grinder or blender.
How to make Udid dal dangar pachadi - Uddin hittu recipe
Ingredients for udid dal dangar pachadi - uddinhittu for 2 servings
- Urad dal flour - 2 tbsp
- Plain yogurt / curd - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1/4 tsp or according to taste
- Water - 1/4 cup or as needed
- Green chili chopped - 1 or 2
- ginger chopped - 1 tsp
- coriander leaves / cilantro / hara dhania - 1 tbsp chopped
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard/rai seeds - 1/8 tsp
- Cumin / jeera seeds - 1/8 tsp
- Asafetida/hing - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves/ kari patta - 5-6
- Sandgi mirchi/red chili - 1 or 2
Step by step instructions making udid dal dangar pachadi - uddin hittu
Make tempering for uddin hittu - urad dal dangar pachadi
- Add oil to a small pan. when oil is heated, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When seeds start spluttering, add hing/asafotida.
- Add dry red chili or sandgi mirchi (whichever you are adding).
- Switch off the flame and let cool a little.
- Add urad dal flour to a mixing bowl.
- Add yogurt to the flour and mix well without lumps.
- Add a little water according to the consistency you want.
- Add salt, chopped green chili, and ginger. mix well.
- Add the tempering to the prepared urad dal dangar mixture.
- Add chopped coriander leaves/ dhania. Mix well
Udid dal danger pachadi - Uddina hittu is ready.
Serve with plain white rice or with chapati or paratha.
Tips and variations
- If you have raw urad dal flour, you may roast it a little on low flame and use it to make this uddina hittu - Danger pachadi.
- Use fresh plain yogurt.
- If you like it with slightly sour curd, you may use that. I usually do not use sour curd.
- You may use green chili or sandgi mirchi or curd chili according to availability and your liking. I prefer sandgi mirchi.
- You may add a pinch of sugar if you like.