Mexican Style Roti Recipe
This mexican style roti recipe is easy to make.
Mexican food is getting popular everywhere.
It is spicy and so is liked by spice loving Indians too.
Here is a recipe for Mexican style roti for you.
Servings - 2
Roti - 4
How to make mexican style roti?
Items Required for filling
black bean - 1/4 cup boiled
Tomato - 1 big
Onion - 1
Salt - according to taste
Green chilies / Jalapeno - 1
paneer grated - 1/4 cup
Cheese - as required
Items Required for Roti
Maida / All purpose flour - 1.5cups
1 cup warm water
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp salt
Preparation for Roti
1) Mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
2) Add the butter and mix it in with your hands until you get a coarse meal consistency.
3) Dissolve the salt into the water.
4) Drizzle the salt water mixture into the flour and mix with your hands into a soft dough. Add more warm water if it's not coming together.
5) Form the dough into a ball. Put it in a bowl and cover for 20 minutes. Resting the dough before rolling it out is the secret to making them easier to roll.
6) Break the dough ball into four smaller balls. Put a little bit of shortening on your hands and roll them into balls.
7) Flatten each ball out. Put flour on the surface before rolling them out. Get them as thin as possible.
8) Preheat a pan on medium heat.
9) Lay them on the pan and flip after 15-20 seconds. Bubbling is normal.
Preparation for filling
Grind tomatoes, chilies or jalapeno's, black beans and salt together.
Fry the onions until they are soft.
Add grated paneer and the grinded mixture together. (remember they shouldn't be runny.)
Spread the mixture on top of Roti with cheese
Close the other side of roti carefully and press firmly so that cheese gets melted.
Once done remove from tawa.