Instant coffee facts and uses
Welcome to Instant Coffee Recipes
page. The regular coffee drinkers who prefer to drink
brewed coffee, filter coffee, drip coffee, scoff at instant coffee as
they do not consider it as real coffee.
They may be right as the taste does differ. But instant coffee has its own fans as it has many advantages too.
The instant coffee powders are popular among the younger lot. But still, those who like the regular filter coffee are
more in number.
Instant coffee with ice - Ice coffee
Instant coffee is a drink prepared from the already brewed coffee beans.
This coffee is dehydrated in to the
form of granules or powder. When we prepare coffee with instant coffee powder, we just add water, sweetener such as sugar or honey and milk. It
tastes similar to the brewed coffee but not exactly same.
Milk is optional as many prefer black coffee. There are many who do not add any sweetener. My daughter prefers adding honey.
Instant coffee is also available in the concentrated liquid form.
Instant coffee facts:
- Instant coffee can be prepared fast as it dissolves quickly in water.
- Instant coffee powder has a longer shelf life. But it needs to be kept dry. Better to keep the bottle in the fridge. And remember to use a dry spoon every time.
- Less ground coffee powder is needed to make the same amount of drink.
- There is less caffeine in instant coffee.
- It is slightly more bitter than the brewed coffee.
- The quality of beans used to make instant coffee may be low.
- The preparation of coffee using instant coffee is simple and easy.
coffee is available in tins, glass jars, sachets.
of instant coffee powder or liquid instant coffee
- Instant coffee powder is very convenient for preparing recipes using coffee, which is popular in warmer
climates and hot seasons such as,
coffee ice creams, desserts such as tiramisu etc.
- May be used in making of coffee cakes
- Add to chocolate cakes for that extra deep dark color and flavor
- You can visit the Instant Iced Coffee.
to make hot milk coffee with instant coffee powder:
Main ingredients for Instant coffee with milk
Milk - Doodh
Sugar - Shakkar - Sakhar - Sakkare
Ingredients to make 2 cups hot coffee:
- Milk - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Instant coffee powder - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tsp
Step by step instructions for making keyword
Making Hot Instant coffee
Heat milk and water.
- Add sugar and instant coffee powder to the coffee mugs.
- Pour the hot water in the mug.
- Stir till sugar and coffee dissolves.Add milk.
- Stir and serve hot.
Tips and variations
The proportion of water and milk can change according to your taste and
- You may omit milk completely and make black coffee if you
- The amount of coffee powder may need to be
- Sprinkle a little instant coffee powder on top just
before serving for added color and flavor.
- Some add a pinch of salt too in their coffee.