Eggless Date Cake Recipe - Khajoor cake
This eggless date cake recipe
is easy to make. Dates are very nutritious and this is another way
to add dates to your diet.
Dates are known as khajoor in Indian languages. Dates are considered super foods and are consumed to give strength and stamina.
Dates are available in many varieties, different qualities, seedless or with seeds, very juicy or less juicy etc. The prices vary according to variety. Dried dates and dried date powder is also available.
Date syrup is a healthy natural sweetener used in many recipes.
Date cake ready to eat
Dates have both medicinal and nutritional value in our diet.
- Dates provide you iron , vitamins and are good for dieting.
- Dates are rich in fiber and are good as a help in
- Dates help in the growth of friendly bacteria in the intestines.
Dates / khajoor are consumed as they are and also used in recipes such as this khajoor cake, khajoor kheer etc.
My family couldn't wait till the cake
was cool and for taking pictures. You can see the cut marks in the image.
How to make eggless date cake
Main ingredients for Khajoor - date cake
Plain flour - Maida
Dates - Khajoor
Sugar - shakkar - sakkare
Ingredients for eggless date cake for 8-10 pieces
- Seedless dates(Khajoor) - 20-22
- Hot milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup, less or more according to taste and the sweetness of your chosen dates.
(plain flour) - 1 1/2cup
- Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup or 1/2 cup butter
soda - 1 1/4 tsp
- Chopped nuts(optional) - 1 tbsp
- Nutmeg grated(optional) -
- Raisins - 1 tbsp
Step by step instructions to make date cake:
Heat milk. Put the dates in a bowl and pour the hot milk over the dates. Keep aside till it cools.
- Put the soaked dates in a blender along with the milk they were soaked in and grind them till almost smooth.
- Add sugar and grind again.
- Pour the mixture in a mixing bowl. Add oil or butter and mix well. (Butter should be at room temperature).
- Sieve together maida flour and baking soda.
- Add the flour one table spoon at a time and mix slowly.
- Add the nuts, nutmeg powder and mix well. the mixture will be thick.
- Pre heat oven at 375F(190C).
- Grease a baking cake dish. Put the mixture in it and smoothen the top.
- Add additional chopped nuts and raisins on the top if you wish.
Date cake ready to go in the oven
11. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
12. Test the doneness of the cake at 35 minutes by inserting a knife
in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
13. Switch the oven off and leave the cake in the oven for another 5 minutes.
14. Remove the cake pan from the oven. Cool a little.
15. Loosen the edges with a knife. Place a plate on the top and turn the pan upside down. Let cool for some time.
Date cake - Khajoor cake is ready to eat.
Decorate with icing if you wish. But this cake is good even without any icing.
Cut in wedges and serve warm or cold. Makes 8-10 pieces.
Datecake pieces ready to eat
Tips and variations
Use juicy dates.
You may buy dates with seeds and remove seeds before using them.
Go to Indian sweets from Eggless date cake recipe
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Homepage from date cake recipe