- Cauliflower fritters-Gobi Pakora
Cauliflower fritters - Indian Gobi Pakora
Snack - Cauliflower / Gobi bhajia
pakora or Indian cauliflower fritters is a quick snack item. If you
like cauliflower, you are going to love this.
for guests or for family members, gobi pakoda or cauliflower bhajia, is
a welcome snack on a wet rainy day or a cold winter day.
It is also a good accompaniment for lunch or dinner. It is best served hot but is still good even if served at room temperature.
How to make Indian Gobi Pakora Cauliflower fritters
cleaned cauliflower florets
Ingredients for gobi pakoda to make 15-20 bhajias
- Cauliflower cut or broken into florets - 15 - 20 pieces
- Oil for deep frying.
Ingredients for making batter
- Besan - Chana dal/ chickpea flour- 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1 tbsp
- Green chilies (optional) chopped fine - 4-5
- Salt - 1 tsp or according to taste
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain (carom seeds) - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste (optional) - 1/2 tsp
Preparation for pakoda:
Clean cauliflower as per the instructions on the page given below
How to Clean and prepare cauliflower before cooking
Making pakora batter
- Add besan / gram flour to a bowl.
- Add rice flour, salt, chili
power, ajwin, chopped chili pieces, ginger garlic paste to besan and mix
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and add the hot oil to the dry mixed flour. Mix well.
- Add enough water to make a thick batter. Batter should have a dosa/pancake batter consistency.
Making Gobi pakoda - Cauliflower fritters
Method to make pakoda
Heat oil. Keep the flame medium.
- When oil is hot, dip each
cauliflower in the prepared batter and drop carefully in the hot oil.
You can add 4-5 or more pakoda at a time depending on the size of your
kadhai (fryer) and the amount of oil you are using.
- Fry till the pakodas are golden brown all over.
- Turn the pakoras once in a while so that they will be fried evenly.
- Remove from oil after draining well.
- Fry all the pakoda in the same way.
Serve hot by itself or with your favorite chutney or chili sauce or tomato ketchup.
- Wash the cauliflower pieces well in hot or warm water. This will remove any dirt as well as insects if any.
- Adding cauliflowers to salted hot water is optional. The florets
get cooked when deep fried anyway.
- But do wash them well before using.
- Adding just salt and red chili powder makes the basic pakoda batter tasty too. Other spices are optional.
- Instead of hot oil, you may add a pinch of soda bi carb to the batter just before frying pakodas.
You might like these
Find here a variety of easy Indian Vegetable recipes. Cooking vegetables is easy when you know what ingredients to mix.
bhogichi bhaji winter vegetable stew recipe. Also known as 'lekurvali bhaji' in Marathi. Bhogi, the day before Makar sankranti festival.
Indian Stuffed eggplant or brinjal is a specialty from north Karnataka and Maharashtra. Known as bharvan baingan, Bharli vangi and Tumbid badnekai, this stuffed eggplant curry is served with jowar or bajra bhakri, millet flat breads.
Click on the Quick links below to go to the section.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.