How to make garlic paste at home
Homemade garlic paste to preserve for a month or longer
How to make garlic paste at home? Homemade garlic paste takes only a few minutes to make but can help you save
time when you are in hurry.
This homemade garlic paste keeps for longer than a month in the fridge.
Garlic bulbs and pods
We use salt to make this paste. While cooking any dish where you
use this garlic paste, adjust the salt amount in your dish keeping in
mind the salt that you have already added while making the paste.
The steps for cleaning and preparing garlic for making paste are given below. So follow those steps first.
Buying garlic and steps for preparing fresh garlic before making paste.
- Buy and use only fresh garlic to make garlic paste.
- Separate the garlic pods/cloves from the garlic bulb.
- Peel the garlic pods.
Fresh peeled garlic cloves
How to make garlic paste at home - Homemade garlic paste
Ingredients to make garlic paste
- Fresh garlic - 100 grams
- Salt - 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
Making garlic paste
- Put garlic cloves in the blender.
- Add some salt. I am using rock salt.
- Blend for a few seconds.
- The garlic may be coating the sides of the jar.
- Scrape the sides of the mixer jar with a plastic spatula or a spoon.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil or any vegetable oil. Blend again till the paste is as fine as you want.
- Stop, scrape and mix in between if needed before blending again. As the
contains some water, you may not need to add more than a tbsp of oil.
But if needed, you may add another tablespoon of oil or vinegar. No
water should be added at any time if you want to keep the paste longer
than two days.
- Do not make the paste too liquid.
Store this ready garlic paste in a jar and keep it in the fridge.
will keep for more than a month. Use this garlic paste as and when
- Use fresh garlic for making paste.
- No water is added to this while making paste
- I usually add olive oil. You may add any vegetable oil you usually use.
fresh ginger root
Homemade Ginger paste. Keeps longer than a month.
Go to cooking tips From How to make garlic paste at home
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Site Home Page From Homemade garlic paste