Grilled Vegetables Recipe - Simple Recipes
Grilled vegetables recipes
are quick recipes. Grilling vegetables is a favorite way of cooking vegetables of many. Even those who do not like boiled vegetables love to eat grilled vegetables.
You can use the vegetables of your choice such as
potatoes, sweet potatoes, Eggplants/brinjals, Capsicums, onions etc. Root
vegetables such as yams, sweet potatoes taste wonderful when cooked by grilling.
How to make Grilled Vegetable
Ingredients for grilled vegetables for serving 2 persons:
- potato - 1 large
- onions - 2 medium
- tomatoes - 2 medium
- egg plant (brinjal ) - 1 medium
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- red chili powder(optional) - 1/4 tsp
Cooking grilled vegetables
- Cut all the vegetables in big pieces or wedges. Add them to a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and mix well. Let all the vegetables be coated with oil.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper powder and 1/2 tsp chili powder and again mix well.
- Spread the vegetable pieces on a large plate and put the plate under a hot grill.
- Stir the vegetables every few minutes until just done
- Let the vegetables be browned or blackened in spots if you like. They have a great flavor.
Serve immediately while still hot.
Tips for serving and variation
- Serve with your favorite sauce or a dip.
- Grilled vegetables can be served along with plain rice, Jeera rice,
- They can also be served stuffed in a chapati/phulka wrap topped with mayonnaise
- Serve grilled vegetables with mint/pudina raita.
- You may parboil potatoes before grilling them