Dum Aloo Baby Potato Curry Recipe
Dum aloo or baby potatoes curry recipe is a North Indian curry recipe.
It is a popular vegetarian curry recipe made in punjabi houses and also available in restaurants.
Everyone loves potatoes and this potato curry is another way to enjoy them.
How to make dum aloo - baby potatoes curry recipe
List of ingredients and quantity for 3-4 servings10 baby potatoes boiled in salty water2 large Onion, finely chopped,3/4 cup thick Curd,1 Bay Leaf,1 pinch Asafoetida,1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder,1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder,1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste.1/2 tablespoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)2 tablespoons vegetable Cooking Oil(more if deep frying potatoes)2 tablespoons Coriander Leaves, chopped finelySalt, according to tasteSugar(optional) - 1 tsp
Ingredients for grinding together1 tablespoon Coriander Seeds1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds1 pod Green Cardamom1 small piece of Cinnamon4 Cloves8-10 Cashew Nuts
Step by step cooking instructions
- Grind coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom pod, cinnamon, cloves and cashew nuts into powder. Keep aside.
- Peel boiled potatoes and prick them with a fork.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the peeled baby potatoes till they turns a light brown color. You may deep fry potatoes if you wish and then Remove from the pan, drain and keep on a plate.
- To the same oil in the pan, add a pinch of asafoetida and sauté for 8-10 seconds.
- Add bay leaves and finely chopped onion, sauté until onion turns light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for 30 seconds. Add dry ground spice powder and sauté for a minute.
- Beat curd and slowly add it in kadai. Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and mix again.
- Stir it continuously for some minutes or until oil starts to separate.
- Add shallow fried potatoes, kasuri methi, sugar and salt, cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
Add 3/4 cup water and bring it to boil.
- When it starts to boil, cook covered on low flame until you get the desired consistency of gravy.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
Serving suggestions -
Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot with any of your favourite roti or Naan or chapati.
You can get many of the ingredients like Asafoetida, Red Chilli Powder,Turmeric Powder & Ginger Garlic Paste from http://www.westaple.com in Noida. They provide pure and good quality of products.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Vegetarian Curry Recipes.