Bhendi Fry Okra Recipe
Bhendi fry is an okra recipe.
Okra is also known as ladies finger
It is known as bhendi (Marathi), bhindi (Hindi), bendekai (Kannada), bendakaya ( Telugu), vendaikai (Tamil) etc. in Indian languages.
Okra or bhindi is a commonly used vegetable in India and there are many okra recipes.
You can serve this okra dish as a side dish for lunch or dinner or even as a light snack at tea time.
Given below is easy and simple recipe.
How to make bhindi fry - okra recipe
List of ingredients and the quantity
Baby lady's finger 5 – 6
Choose only tender okra.To make spice powder stuffing
- Red chili powder 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Jeera (cumin seed) powder - 1/4 tsp
- chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
- dhania (coriander seed) powder – 1/4 tsp
- salt – 1/2 tsp or according to taste
Preparation to do before cooking
- Cut the lady's finger length wise.
- Make a mixture of spices in a bowl by mixing red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, jeera powder, chaat masala, dhania powder and keep aside.
- Stuff the spice mixture neatly into the okra.
- Press bhindi so that the stuffing remains inside.
Step by step cooking instructions
Deep fry or shallow fry the lady's finger in the oil (Shallow fry if you do not want to consume more oil)
Arrange the fried and stuffed okra in a plate. Sprinkle coriander leaves, chopped onions and sev (farsan) on it.
Why do you or your family like this recipe?
This is very delicious and best snack for the picnics and also for tea time.