Vangi bhat Masala Powder - Subzi Masala
South Indian Spice powder for vegetables & rice
Vangi bhat masala powder is a Karnataka Spice powder. This South Indian masala powder is used for making a variety of rice preparations as well as vegetable side dishes.
This south Indian masala powder can be prepared and stored for 3-4 months or longer.
You can also buy the ready powder but then you are missing the fun and the
lovely aroma of the freshly made vangi bhaat masala powder.
Vangi means brinjal/eggplants. Though this spice powder is known as vangi bhat masala, it is used in other vegetable preparations too.
Making this vangi bath masala powder
in advance will help you in getting your rice or vegetable dishes done fast.
How to make Vangi bhat masala powder
Ingredients for Vangi bhat masala powder
chana dal - split chickpeas
dry coconut- copra
guntur chili for hotness
poppy seeds - khuskhus
cloves - lavang
Dhania - coriander seeds
byadgi chili for color
cinamon - dalchini
- 1/4 cup dry coconut
- 1/4 cup chana dal
- 1/4 cup urad dal
- 1/4 cup coriander seeds
- 4 inch dalchinni
- 15 cloves
- 20 dry red chilli (byadagi/kashmiri and guntur together) or you may add red chilli powder instead of whole red chilli while grinding.
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds/khuskhus/gasagase
- 1/2 cup curry leaves
- 3 cardamom
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
Step by step instructions for making Vangi bhat Powder
- Dry roast all the items separately on low flame
except chili powder(if using instead of whole dry red chili) and asafoetida .
- Grind together with chili powder and asafetida to a fine
- Store in an airtight jar.
- You can use this Vangi bhat Powder powder as and when you want for up to one year.
Now after learning to make Vangi bhat Powder, go ahead and
Vangi bhat with it.
. Your family
is bound to love it.
Tips and variations
You may add jeera(cumin seed),