- Roasted gram/Puthane/Hurigadale Recipes
Roasted gram/ Puthani/ Hurigadale recipes
Known as puthane/ dalia/ Pottu kadalai
Roasted gram - Puthani - Pottu kadalai recipes. Hurigadale / puthane / dalia recipes. Roasted gram is known as ' bhuna chana' in Hindi.
Roasted gram may be eaten by itself as it does not need any other
preparation. A fistful of roasted gram can satisfy your hunger pangs.
roasted gram with skin
Health benefits of roasted gram - puthani
Roasted gram are made from brown chickpeas. These are roasted on low flame till they are crisp. They taste yummy.
- By themselves, they are fat free and sodium free.
- Chickpeas are a good source of protein, vitamins and minerals.
- Roasted gram are good for weight loss and are a good source of fiber.
- As a snack, these are low in fat and keep blood sugar level stable.
How to store roasted gram:
Store roasted gram - bhuna chana in an airtight container to retain their crispness.
The roasted gram recipes listed on this page are made where puthani is the main ingredient or is one of the ingredients.
Roasted gram is added to chivda. It is also added to chats along with other crisp items and with onions, tomatoes, spice powders etc.
Roasted gram is used as one of the ingredients to make the consistency thicker in case of curry. This is mostly done in South Indian recipes.
Roasted gram - Puthani - Pottu kadalai recipes
is served with chapati, rice, dosa. Sprinkle or spread on sandwiches etc.
Nag Panchami / Ganapati festival sweet for naivedya. Made in Karnataka and Maharashtra.
- made with fresh grated coconut, roasted gram (puthani), coriander leaves and green chilies.
Accompaniment for idli, dosa, uttappa, chapati , rava idli etc.
made from thin beaten / flattened rice flakes as a easy snack. Diwali festival snack. Keeps for 3-4 weeks.
Yogurt curry from South India - Karnataka