how to make green chili paste at home
Homemade green chili paste at home
to preserve longer than a month
How to make green chili paste at home - Step by step instructions. Homemade green chili paste takes only a few minutes to make but can help you save
time when you are in hurry. Here we give you two ways to make homemade green chili paste. Choose the method you want.
first method keeps for longer than a month in the fridge.
second method keeps green chili paste good in the fridge for 3-4 days.
I usually make green chili Paste with the first method as that keeps longer.
If you are planning to use green chili within 3-4 days, use the second
method. If you plan to keep the paste longer, use the first method.
With both the methods, we use salt. While cooking any dish where you
use this green chili, adjust the salt amount in your dish keeping in
mind the salt that you have already added while making the paste.
The steps for cleaning and preparing green chili for making paste are same for both the methods. So follow those steps first.
Use fresh green chili. Make paste within a day or two after getting it from the market.
Buying green chili and steps for preparing green chili before making paste.
- Buy fresh green chili. These are generally stiff and shiny.
- Remove stems as shown in the image.
- Add chili to a bowl of water. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Take out on a colander. You can see in the water any dirt that was on the chili.
- Hold the colander under running water and wash chili well under running water.
- Spread chili on a dry kitchen towel. Leave aside for some time. You may leave it under a running fan or use kitchen towel or paper napkin to wipe chili.
- Chop chili in 2 or 3 pieces if they are too large.
Homemade green chili paste
How to make green chili paste at home
Homemadegreen chili paste from fresh green chili that lasts a month or longer
Ingredients to make green chili paste with method two
The green chili paste made with salt and oil will not splutter when you add it to the oil while cooking.
- green chili - 100 grams
- salt - 1 tbsp
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- vinegar (optional) - 1 tbsp(I do not add as I do not like the smell and taste.)
- Put green chili pieces in the blender.
- Add salt. I am using rock salt.
- Add 2 tbsp oil. You may use olive oil or any vegetable oil you normally use.
- Blend for a few seconds. The green chili would have cut in small pieces and may be coating the sides of the jar.
- Scrape the sides of the mixer jar.
- Blend again till the paste is as fine as you want.
- As the green chili contains some moisture, you may not need to add
more than a tbsp of oil. But if needed, you may add another tablespoon
- Do not make the paste too liquid.
Store this ready green chili paste in a jar and keep it in the fridge.
will keep for more than a month. Use this green chili paste as and when
Making green chili paste with fresh green chili to use within 3-4 days
Ingredients for making green chili paste method 1 to use within 3-4 days.
- green chili cleaned and chopped - 100 gms
- salt - 1 or 2 tbsp
- water - 1 tbsp
- vinegar (optional) - 1 tbsp. I do not usually add vinegar as it changes the taste and flavor.
To make green chili paste for short term use.
- Put green chili in the blender along with salt. Blend for a few seconds.
- The green chili would have cut in small pieces and may be coating the sides of the jar. Scrape the sides.
- Add 1 tbsp water. Blend again till the paste is as fine as you
- Stop, scrape and mix in between if needed before blending again.
- As the green chili contains some water, you may not need to add more than a tbsp of water. But if needed, you may add another tablespoon of water. Do not make the paste too watery.
Store this ready green chili paste in a jar and keep it in the fridge. Use
this green chili paste as and when needed within the next 3-4 days.
- Use fresh green chili for making paste.
- No water is added to this while making paste
- You may add any vegetable oil you usually use.
- If you have time, grind green chili with salt and attend to some other
work for 10-15 minutes before grinding completely to paste. This will
release the moisture in the green chili and grinding to paste will be easier
and you will not need to add additional liquid.