Veg Pakoda Biryani Rice Recipe
by Reena Nigam
(Mumbai, Maharastra, India)
An easy and simple veg pakoda biryani rice recipe.
More ways to eat vegetables.
How to make Veg Pakoda Biryani Rice Ingredients for veg pakoda biryani to serve 2-3: 1/2 cup each grated carrot, cauliflower, cabbage, bottle gourd, pear gourd 1 onion chopped2 or 3 spring onion finely chopped Beans finely chopped 1/2 cup, Boiled and mashed potato 1/2 cup Finely chopped ginger, mint, coriander leaves and green chilies - approx 2 spoons each.3 cups half boiled basmati long rice - almost 75% cooked Vegetable Oil – for frying pakodas – koftas.All the spices like fulchakri(star anise), cinnamon stick, 1 big cardamom and choti eliachi(green cardamom)
to cook rice in.
The cooking process for veg pakoda biryani rice:
- Mix all vegetables, mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies, salt to taste and form into small round balls like pakodas or koftas.
- Then deep fry the vegetable balls and keep them aside.
- The basmati rice should be boiled with spices – cinnamon, big and small cardamom, fulchakri
- Now in a kadai(wok) put rice and those veg koftas, add some salt.
- Reduce the flame and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Then cover the lid for 5 min.
Veg pakoda biryani rice is Ready to serve.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Rice Dishes.