Spicy Pickle - Mixed Pickle
Spicy Hot Indian Pickle Recipe
Mixed Spicy Pickle
is a favorite of many. The blended aromas of mangoes,
limes, ginger and chilies in quite inviting.
You may make a pickle each separately such as green mango pickle, lime pickle, chili pickle. This spicy mixed pickle is kind of all in one pickle.
this pickle, use raw sour mangoes, lemons, ginger, chilies. You can
add your favorite berries, bitter gourd pieces etc.
Wash all them
dry well. Any remaining moisture may spoil the pickle.
How to make Mixed Spicy Pickle
Lime - Lemon
Raw Green mango, Kairi
Ingredients for mixed pickle:
Raw sour mangoes(kairi) - 2 No.
- Lemons (nimbu)- 10 Nos.
- Green chilies (hari mirch) - 10 No.
- Ginger (adrak) - 2 inch piece - 2 No.
- Red chili powder (Lal mirch powder) - 1 table spoon
- Salt (namak) - 2 table spoons
- Mustard seeds (rai) - 2 teaspoon
- fenugreek seeds (methi dana) - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder (haldi powder) - 2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (hing powder)- 1/2 teaspoon
- Roast lightly fenugreek seeds.
- Grind fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds together to fine powder.
- Wash well all the limes, mangoes, chilies, ginger. Wipe well with a clean cloth. Leave on a dry plate or a cloth for about 30 minutes to dry, in case any moisture is remaining.
Oil - for seasoning - 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida - 1/4 teaspoon
- Heat Oil
- Add Mustard seeds, Turmeric powder, Asafoetida
- Fry for a few seconds.
- Cool completely before adding to pickle
Making Spicy Mixed pickle:
- Cut mangoes in your desired size pieces.
- Cut lemons in 8 pieces.
- Slit chilies and cut in 1 inch pieces.
- Cut ginger in thin small pieces.
- Mix together mango pieces, lime pieces, ginger pieces, chili pieces, salt,
red chili powder, fenugreek and mustard powder, turmeric and asafetida.
- Add the cooled seasoning
- Mix well and fill in dry airtight bottle.
- Shake the bottle mixture everyday with a dry spoon once per day for about 15 days.
Pickle will be ready to eat in 10-15 days. Serve with any dish such as snacks, rice, roti, poori etc.
- You may change the proportion of limes, mangoes, chilies according to your taste.
- Add more chili powder if you like it spicy hot.
- The amount of oil may be increased. The oil floating on the top of the pickle preserves it better. While using the pickle, tilt the bottle and remove the pickle without oil.
Go To Pickle Recipes Page From Spicy Pickle
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Home