Question about Vegetarian Baked Samosa covering
Hi, I tried baking samosa for the first time.
I took baked samosas out of the oven but they were very hard to bite. The inside filling was soft and perfect but the outside was like a rock!
Could not even bite it, could you please tell me where I went wrong?
I would like to try making this again, please do reply at your earliest. Thank you.
-----------------------------Reply by Admin
You have not written about the ingredients and the quantity you have used to make the covering dough for samosa. So I am just guessing about what may have caused the problem of the hard covering.
It could be any one or a combination of causes given below.
- The oven temperature may be too low while baking.
- The oven may not be preheated properly.
- If you did not add the required amount of fat(oil or ghee) while making dough, the covering may be hard.
- If you used the same measurements that we use for making fried samosa covering, and then baked those samosas, you may get hard samosas.
- For baking samosa, you will need to add some baking powder or yeast to the dough while kneading.
- Did you make the samosas immediately after mixing the dough? You need to rest/keep the dough for 20-30 minutes after kneading.
If you take care of the points mentioned above, I am sure you will get good samosas.
Let us know if you make samosas and how they come out.
Have a great day!
Happy samosa making!