How to make Bread crumbs
How to store Bread crumbs
Uses of bread crumbs
Do you know How to make bread crumbs
at home? Why would you want to make
breadcrumbs at home when you can buy them easily?
so easy and simple to make breadcrumbs at home, once you learn it I
sure you will always want to make them at home.
You may use any bread, white, brown, whole wheat, multi grain bread etc. according to your liking.
White and brown bread slices
How to make fresh bread crumbs at home?
- Put fresh bread slices in the food processor and blend till you get the desired consistency.
Use as you wish.
You can add any flavoring dry herbs or spices while blending to get
flavored bread crumbs.
How to make dry bread crumbs
Use day old bread. You may also use freshly made bread.
- Slice it thin and in small square
pieces. If the slices are thick or big,
you can still make bread crumbs but it will take a
- Heat oven to 250 and Spread these bread slices on a baking tray and bake till they are dry.
- Turn in between to uniformly dry out. Cool completely.
- Put them in a blender – food processor and process till you get the desired consistency you
to make Breadcrumbs without food processor or blender.
Nothing can stop us when we want bread crumbs. Right?
In case you can not use/have a blender or food processor, put the dry bread pieces
thick plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin.
If you do not have a thick plastic bag, use a thick cloth bag.
you can flavor your bread as you like with garlic, pepper, herbs or any other
flavoring to get flavored bread crumbs.
How to store bread crumbs?
- You can store bread crumbs in an airtight glass or plastic container or in a zip
plastic bag. You can keep them for about 10-15 days.
If You want to store them for a longer time, keep in the fridge or
are the Uses of breadcrumbs in cooking?
Uses for store bought or
- Bread crumbs are used as a topping for casseroles.
- They can also be used to thicken sauces.
- Breadcrumbs are added to the vegetable mix while making vegetable cutlets.
Fresh or dried bread crumbs are used as a coating for cutlets or for vegetable gratins.
Go to Cooking Tips from How to make bread crumbs
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Homepage from How to make bread crumbs