Green Muthia - Spinach Fenugreek Dumplings
Steamed muthia with palak and methi leaves
Muthia means a fist. It refers to the shape of this dumpling. You may change the shape if you wish.Ingredients for palak methi muthia
- Fresh Spinach(palak) leaves - 1 bunch chopped
- Fenugreek (Methi)leaves - 1 cup chopped
- Spring onions - 1/2 bunch chopped
- Onion-1 chopped
- Green chili paste- according to taste
- Rava (sooji - semolina)- 3 tbsp
- Besan(chickpea flour)-3 tbsp
- wheat flour-6 tbsp
- Fresh Coriander(cilantro)Leaves -a few sprigs finely chopped
- Black pepper powder -1/2 tsp
- Salt and lemon - according to tasteMaking green muthia
* Mix all together.
* Take a fistful and form in to balls or muthiyas (dumplings)or log shapes.
* Place in a steamer and steam for 15 minutes.
Serve with green chutney or any other favorite chutney for breakfast, snack or as a side dish with lunch or dinner. You may also serve it with tomato ketchup.
It is also a great dish to serve for a party as you can make it in advance.